DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
1. In these Terms, certain words have specific meanings, as follows:
"AEG", "we" or "us" means AEG Presents Ltd
“Event” means a music concert, sporting event or other live event taking place at any Venue.
“Organiser” means a person or entity organising an Event, which may be AEG and/or may be another person or entity such as a promoter, producer, artist, sporting team or record label.
“Ticket” means a ticket, electronic ticket, wristband or any other device or mechanism which allows the bearer to attend an Event.
“Ticket Agent” means a person authorised by the Organiser(s), to sell Tickets on behalf of the Organiser(s).
“Ticket Terms” means the terms and conditions of AEG (and in some case any other Organiser) which are printed on the back of hard copy Tickets or otherwise displayed in relation to Tickets.
“Venue” means The The Halls Wolverhampton and/or any other area within or around The Halls Wolverhampton in which Events take place.
“Venue Terms” means these terms and conditions.
“you” / “your” means any person seeking admission to The Halls Wolverhampton and/or to any specific Venue to attend an Event.
2. HOW THESE TERMS WORK
- AEG operates the Venue and is authorised to sell tickets to Events taking place in the Venue as an agent on behalf of the Organiser.
- Your admission to and conduct at the Venue and at all Events is governed by these Venue Terms. By purchasing Tickets and/or entering or attempting to enter the Venue, you will be taken to have accepted these Venue Terms and, where a Ticket has been purchased, the Ticket Terms.
- Some Organisers and/or Ticket Agents may have their own terms and conditions, which will apply to you when using your Tickets to attend an Event. These will apply in addition to the Venue Terms and the Ticket Terms. If there is any inconsistency between these Venue Terms and the Ticket Terms, and the terms specified by Organisers and/or Ticket Agents, these Venue Terms and the Ticket Terms will apply in priority to the others. To the extent that there is a conflict between these Venue Terms and the Ticket Terms, the Ticket Terms will take precedence.
3. AMENDMENTS TO THESE TERMS
- These Venue Terms may be amended from time to time, to reflect changes in the rules of admission, changes in health and safety and/or security procedures, changes to the arrangements in place between AEG and relevant Ticket Agents and/or Organisers, and/or changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
- Each visit to the Venue will be subject to the Venue Terms in force at the time of the visit. It is your responsibility to check the Venue Terms before entering, so that you are aware of any changes.
- AEG reserves the right to change its Ticket Terms from time to time, as these may vary on an Event by Event basis. It is your responsibility to check the Ticket Terms for each Event.
4. YOUR TICKET
- Your Ticket may be in the form of paper, mobile/bar code, email, wristband or chip technology or such other form that becomes available over time including paperless mechanisms. Tickets cannot be cancelled or exchanged after purchase, other than in accordance with these Venue Terms and the terms of the Ticket Agent from which they are purchased.
- Only persons holding a valid Ticket (and in some cases valid ID, pursuant to section 7.1 of these Venue Terms) will be admitted to Events at the Venue. You must keep your Ticket with you at all times during an Event.
- Keep your Tickets safe. Your Ticket may be invalidated if any part of it is removed, altered or defaced. Removing the Ticket stub of a physical Ticket will invalidate the Ticket. Tickets cannot be duplicated if lost or stolen and neither AEG nor any Organiser will be liable for any lost or stolen Tickets.
- Ownership or possession of a Ticket does not confer any rights (by implication or otherwise) on you to use, alter, copy or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trademarks, logos and/or intellectual property appearing on the Ticket or used in connection with the Event.
- For Events with seated and standing arrangements, each Ticket provides you with the right to use a seat or to stand in an area (as applicable) of a value and location corresponding to that stated on your Ticket. Where it is not possible to allow you to occupy the specific seat/area printed on your Ticket we reserve the right to provide alternative seats/areas. In these circumstances, we will use reasonable endeavours to provide you with a seat/area of equal value to that which you purchased. Where we are unable to do so we will reimburse to you the difference in value of the seat/area we are able to provide and the value of the seat/area printed on your Ticket. We shall have no further liability to you as a result of the change in seats/areas.
For the Venue’s full terms and conditions relating to Ticket sales and admission, please click here
5. TICKET PURCHASE & RESALE
- Our authorised primary Ticket Agent is AXS. The Organiser may also have appointed its own authorised Ticket Agent(s) for the Event. If you are unsure whether a person offering Tickets for sale is an authorised ticket agent, please contact us. Please be aware that auction sites are not authorised ticket agents.
- Please only purchase tickets through authorised ticketing sites such as www.axs.com. If you have, or suspect you may have been a victim of fraud when purchasing tickets, please report it to Action Fraud www.actionfraud.police.uk .
- We are entitled to seize and/or cancel any Ticket, without notice and without refund or other compensation, which has been resold, attempted to have been resold or which has been purchased other than via an authorised Ticket Agent, ticketing partner or (where applicable) the official ticket resale partner of the Venue, AEG or the Organiser. We may also seize and/or cancel without refund any Ticket purchased using (or suspected to be using methods) methods generated by a script, macro, ticket bot or automated devices. Information regarding the purchase of any such Ticket and its holder may be passed on to the relevant authorities.
- Neither we nor any Organiser will be required to accept Tickets if we know or have reasonable grounds for believing that the Tickets have been duplicated or purchased from any of the following: unauthorised agents or other unauthorised sources including, without limitation, ticket touts. We are entitled to refuse entry to any person holding such a Ticket, or to eject them from the Venue and/or the Event.
- The number of Tickets purchased may be subject to a cap. Ticket Agents will notify you of this before you make your booking. We reserve the right to request that Ticket Agents cancel any Tickets which we reasonably believe were bought in excess of this cap, or were otherwise purchased in breach of these Venue Terms.
- Tickets may not be used for promotions, competitions, sweepstakes or for other commercial purposes without the prior written consent of AEG and the Organiser.
6. AGE RESTRICTIONS AND YOUNG PERSONS
- All children and infants must have a Ticket in order to attend an Event – unless otherwise specified on the Event details page, during the booking process or on the Ticket Terms.
- Events may be age restricted. It is the responsibility of the purchaser of the Tickets to check before purchasing the Tickets that they and the persons for whom they purchase the Tickets can comply with such age restrictions. If you attend an Event where age restrictions apply, and/or if you are claiming a concession, you must be able to provide photographic proof of identity and age or entitlement, as appropriate. We reserve the right to refuse entry, without refund, to any person who is unable to provide such photographic proof.
- It is your responsibility to check the suitability of an Event for any children in your party regardless of official age restrictions. This includes considering the type of audience the Event is likely to attract and whether such an audience is a suitable environment for children in your party. Refunds will not be issued if any aspect of an Event, including the behaviour of other audience members, causes offence to you or any children on whose behalf you have purchased Tickets.
- We do not recommend subjecting children to loud music over a sustained period of time. Hearing protection is advised for Events taking place at the Venue and is advisable for any other Events where loud music is involved. A concert environment is not suitable for very young children.
- Except for shows specifically aimed at children, accompanying adults should be confident that children within their party will not cause disruption to other audience members. Any disruption may result in you and your children being removed from the Venue.
For an Event at our Venue you must produce:
1. a valid Ticket; and
2. in some cases, if you are the lead booker for a party you must produce valid photographic proof of identity which matches the name displayed on all Tickets held by the party;
in order for you and your party to enter the Venue. In the case of (b), all members of a party must enter the Venue with the lead booker. You may be asked to show your Ticket and/or ID for inspection at any time during the Event. Failure to do so may result in you being required to leave the Venue.
2. Searching is a condition of entry to protect your safety and that of other visitors. We may conduct security searches of clothing, bags and other items, as determined by us in our reasonable discretion, including on entry and exit of our Venue.
3. Prohibited Items - We reserve the right to prohibit within the Venue:
- items which are illegal. Anyone found in possession of illegal or contraband goods may also be liable for prosecution;
- weapons, ammunition, explosives, horns, whistles, drums, fireworks, flagpoles, large umbrellas or any other item which in our reasonable opinion, may cause danger or disruption to any Event or to other visitors (regardless of whether or not such item is illegal or is carried for specific purposes);
- religious symbols of faith, where certain conditions for entry (policy available on request and/or as otherwise determined within our discretion), are not met;
- items which artists performing at an Event or their management have asked us to prohibit;
- items which are otherwise prohibited pursuant to these Venue Terms or the Ticket Terms;
We will not allow large bags into the Venue but you will be permitted to take small clear bags in with you, to allow for contact free bag checks. We class small bags as no larger than 35cm x 40cm x 19cm.
You are not permitted to bring food and beverages into the Venue except as set out in section 10 below.
4. You are responsible for safeguarding your property when at the Venue. AEG will have no liability for property that is lost, stolen or damaged when at the Venue. All items left with stewards before entry into the Venue are left at your own risk.
5. Animals, with the exception of assistance dogs, are not permitted in the Venue. Customers attending with assistance dogs are requested to contact the Venue in advance of booking tickets for an Event at the Venue for further information.
6. You may be ejected from or not permitted to enter the Venue and required to surrender any Tickets you hold, without refund, if you refuse:
- to leave a Prohibited Item (see section 7.3) with our stewards;
- to be searched; and/or
- in our reasonable opinion, you or your behaviour, or any item you are carrying might:
- pose a health and safety risk;
- affect the enjoyment of other visitors;
- affect the running of the Event;
- cause damage to or interfere with the property of AEG or the Organisers;
- be in breach of these Venue Terms or the Ticket Terms;
- be illegal;
- lead to a breach of any licensing conditions applicable at the Venue; or
- be in breach of any rules and regulations exhibited on notices at the Venue, such as (without limitation):
- entering any backstage or prohibited areas;
- standing on seats or in walkways;
- climbing on the building structure;
- throwing any objects or substances onto the stage or into the crowd or at another visitor; or
- smoking, including e-cigarettes.
7. In order to ensure the security, safety and comfort of all visitors, we reserve the right at our reasonable discretion to refuse your admission to, or to eject you from, the Venue without compensation or refund.
8. Should you experience any problems while in the Venue please contact the nearest steward so that every reasonable effort can be made to resolve the issue prior to, or during the Event you are attending. Complaints are very difficult to resolve after the Event.
- There is no re-admission once you have left the Venue except in limited circumstances and at our sole discretion. This does not include leaving the performance area to purchase refreshments or use the washroom facilities within the Venue.
- In relation to seated Events, other members of the audience may stand up during the Event. This may block your view if you choose to remain seated or if they are taller than you. Refunds and compensation will not be offered if your view is restricted in this way or otherwise disturbed by members of the audience entering/exiting their seat.
- Floor seating is not tiered and a refund or compensation will not be offered if your view is restricted as a result of the floor not being tiered.
- There will be no admission to the Event before the designated door opening times.
- For some specific Events, and at the request of the artist, latecomers may not be admitted into the Venue until a suitable break in the performance (if any). We will not refund Tickets if you miss all or part of an Event due to your late arrival.
- The use of cameras, video and/or sound recording equipment (including via mobile phones) other than for personal use (i.e. for commercial use) is prohibited and such items may not be used within the Venue except with our express written consent.
- You are required to observe and comply with all rules and regulations shown on notices at the Venue and to comply with all instructions given to you by Venue stewards and staff at the Event.
- All advertised times are approximate and subject to change. It is your responsibility to make appropriate arrangements to ensure that you arrive at the Venue in sufficient time in case the Event starts early and to ensure that you are able to stay until the close of the Event, should you wish to if it overruns. If an Event does not run to the precise times advertised, refunds will not be payable on Tickets and we will not be responsible for the cost of alternative travel arrangements or for any other loss you suffer (including loss of enjoyment).
- CCTV and film cameras may be present at and around the Venue. This includes filming by the police and/or security staff carried out for the purposes of providing the safety of visitors, and filming and/or photography of the Event by the Organisers. By purchasing a Ticket to an Event and/or attending the Venue you give your express consent to all such filming and to your actual or simulated likeness being included within any: film, photograph, audio and/or audio-visual recording (“Footage”). All rights in such Footage which will be owned by us, the Organiser or the relevant third party.
You also agree that any such Footage may be used by us or the Organiser in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world, including (with the exception of CCTV or security Footage) for commercial purposes, such as merchandising or DVDs, without payment or compensation to you.
- You must leave the Venue quietly in consideration for our neighbours. Any failure to do so may result in you being refused entry to, or permission to purchase Tickets to, future Events.
9. HEALTH AND SAFETY
- In case of emergency please follow instructions and directions from stewards, staff and/or other officials.
- No smoking is permitted in any part of the Venue. Electronic cigarettes may be used in communal areas but must not be used in prohibited areas.
- WARNING – prolonged exposure to loud noise may cause damage to your hearing. Flashing lights may be used during a performance.
- If you have any specific access requirements, please contact us before purchasing Tickets, to ensure that we can accommodate your requirements. Accessible seating may not be available unless it is arranged in advance.
10. FOOD AND BEVERAGE
- No food or drink may be brought into the Venue (except in limited circumstances on proven medical grounds) unless otherwise notified at our discretion. A variety of food and/or beverages will be available for purchase within our Venue.
- Bottle tops may be removed from all bottles purchased from bars inside the Venue. This is to reduce the risk of them becoming rolling trip hazards, or being used as missiles. Occasionally, drinks will be decanted into plastic cups.
- When purchasing alcohol, if you appear to be under the age of 25, you may be asked for proof of age. We reserve the right to refuse to serve you alcohol if you do not have valid photographic ID.
- We reserve the right to refuse to serve you alcohol if, in our reasonable opinion, we believe that you are intoxicated or likely to become intoxicated if we serve you further alcoholic beverages.
- Official merchandise is only available from specified outlets within the Venue. Please be wary of unofficial traders offering inferior goods for which we accept no responsibility.
- You are not permitted to sell or offer for sale or distribute any items whilst at or in the surroundings of the Venue including, without limitation, merchandise, Tickets, food, beverages, cigarettes or smoking materials, newspapers or magazines.
- You must not bring into the Venue or display or distribute (whether for free or with a charge) at an Event or Venue any sponsorship, promotional or marketing materials nor any leaflets, signage or other materials containing religious or political messaging.
12. CANCELLATION, POSTPONEMENT AND ALTERATIONS
- AEG or an Organiser may make alterations to Events which are not material in nature. No refunds will be available in respect of non-material alterations.
A “material” change is a change to an Event which in the reasonable opinion of AEG or the Organiser, makes the Event substantially different to the Event which purchasers of the Ticket would reasonably expect to attend. Changes to performance times, supporting acts and the use of understudies in a theatre performance will not be a material change.
A material change is judged by reference to the nature and billing of each Event. Events which are festivals or themed events are judged by reference to the overall theme rather than the individual act scheduled to appear. This includes Events which have multiple artists and/or where the Event name does not include reference to any specific act. In these cases, no scheduled acts may be considered as headline acts, regardless of their relative fame or prominence in the billing.
- In the event of a cancellation of, postponement of or material change to an Event you may be entitled to a refund in accordance with the terms and conditions or refund policy of the authorised Ticket Agent from whom you purchased your Ticket(s) and you must contact the Ticket Agent to request all refunds.
- No refunds will be issued directly to you by AEG or the Organiser of any Event. Refunds for cash purchases made at any Venue Box Office will be available by cheque only BACS transfer. Ticket Agents may not make a refund if you fail to follow the instructions provided within the timeframes notified in their terms and conditions.
- It is your responsibility to check the website for the Venue/the Event or Ticket Agent for news of any cancellation, postponement or alteration of the Event. Information on such matters will be made available on behalf of the Organiser as soon as reasonably practicable on the Venue website at www.thehallswolverhampton.co.uk and/or physically at the Venue. Customers are advised that the website cannot always be updated immediately and that circumstances giving rise to cancellation or alterations may arise immediately prior to an Event.
THIS SECTION IS IMPORTANT AS IT SETS OUT THE LIMITS OF OUR LIABILITY TO YOU. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY
1. Subject to section 13.2, if we breach our obligations to you under these Venue Terms or if we are negligent and, as a result, you suffer any loss or damage in connection with your visit to the Venue:
1. we will only be liable for your loss or damage up to an amount equal to the face value of the Ticket purchased by you for the Event you are attending (if any); and
2. we will not be liable to you for any losses or expenses incurred in connection with your visit to the Venue, any Event, or its cancellation postponement or changes. For example we will not be liable to you for the cost of any personal travel, accommodation or hospitality arrangements made in connection with any Event or visit to the venue
2. For the purposes of these Venue Terms, “Force Majeure” means any cause beyond AEG’s or the Organiser’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, any act of God, war, insurrection, riot, civil disturbances, acts of terrorism, fire, explosion, flood, epidemic, pandemic (including COVID-19), royal death, national mourning (including as a result of a royal death), theft of essential equipment, malicious damage, strike, lock out, weather, national defence requirements or acts or regulations of national or local governments including in respect of COVID-19. Neither we nor the Organiser will be liable to you under these Venue Terms to the extent that any loss or failure of AEG/the organiser is caused by a Force Majeure event
3. Notwithstanding sections 13.1 and 13.2 above, nothing in these Venue Terms shall be construed as excluding or restricting our liability for death and/or personal injury caused by our negligence or for any other form of liability that may not be limited by law.
- To the fullest extent permissible in law, we shall be entitled to assign any and all of our rights and obligations under these Venue Terms, provided that your rights are not adversely affected.
- If any provision of these Venue Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be severed or amended in such a manner as to make the rest of the provision(s) and remainder of these Venue Terms valid and enforceable.
- If we delay or fail to enforce any of these Venue Terms it shall not mean that we have waived our right to do so.
- All of these Venue Terms are governed by English Law and any disputes arising under them are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
For the purposes of this section “COVID-19” means the global outbreak of the respiratory coronavirus disease known as COVID-19 and the virus known as severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), confirmed as a pandemic by the World Health Organisation on 11 March 2020, and any subsequent waves or derivatives of the same.
1. You are required to observe and comply with all laws, regulations, rules and requirements relating to COVID-19 and which AEG has adopted as part of its operations at the Venue including but not limited to wearing of face coverings where applicable (“COVID-19 Measures”). AEG will communicate the COVID-19 Measures to you from time to time including and without limitation via pre-Event emails, its social channels, the Venue website, venue app (where operational), Venue signage, and/or as instructed by Venue stewards and staff at the Event. This section 15.1 is without prejudice to AEG’s rights pursuant to section 8.7.
2. The requirement to present a NHS COVID Pass is one of our COVID-19 Measures. It is a condition of entry into the Venue that a valid NHS COVID Pass is presented at the doors of the Venue. Failure to do so will result in entry being refused (unless you are unable to generate the NHS COVID Pass due to permitted exemptions or because you are under 18 years of age, and in each case can evidence the same). The NHS COVID Pass is a certificate that demonstrates that you have at least one of the following:
You have completed a full course of vaccination at least 14 days ago.
You have received a negative PCR or lateral flow test result within 36 hours of the event.
You have proof of natural immunity by way of a positive PCR test at least 180 days ago.
We will accept proof of NHS COVID Pass in the following forms:
via the NHS App (including a downloadable pdf);
on the NHS.UK website; and/or
as a paper letter, which can be requested through the NHS.UK website or by ringing 119.
We will also accept the EU Digital COVID Certificate. More information can be found here: https://www.theo2.co.uk/events...
3. AEG reserves the right to alter or remove its COVID-19 Measures (and this section 15) at any time in response to the latest guidance or legislation from the UK Government or as otherwise deemed necessary by AEG in its discretion.
4. AEG reserves the right to eject you from the Venue or to refuse your entry to the Venue if, in our reasonable opinion, you are refusing to comply with any COVID-19 Measures without reasonable grounds. This section is without prejudice to AEG’s rights pursuant to section 7.6 and section 7.7.